8 Best Irons in Australia 
December 30, 2021 by The Fun Empire Team
Australians are iron lovers. They iron their shirts, ironing boards and even iron the curtains to make them look crisp. Ironing is a type of art in Australia. The iron market has grown tremendously over the last few years with many consumers switching from traditional irons to electrical ones because they are easier to use and can be operated by just one hand. There are tons of options for people looking for an excellent iron but it can be hard to choose which iron will suit you best without trying out all of them first!
1. Russell Hobbs 3100W Powersteam Ultra
According to the manufacturer, this steam iron heats up 15% faster with a power of 3100W. It has a super smooth ceramic soleplate that glides through creases and leaves your garments wrinkle-free. The Russell Hobbs 3100W Powersteam Ultra features a 45g/min continuous steam, 210g steam shot, and 350ml water tank. It also has a tapered tip with button grooves that make it easier to operate around buttons, collars, and fasteners.
- 45 g/min continuous steam
- 3100 W of high-powered performance
- Self-cleaning function
- Improved glide
- Automatic switch-off function
2. Philips PerfectCare Compact Plus Steam Generator Iron
Even if you forget the iron facing down on your clothes, Philips PerfectCare iron rest-assured won't burn them. The clothes will not be burned and no shine will be left. As a result, you may easily multitask without worry. It has an automatic shut-off feature that turns off the steam iron if it is left unused for a long time. As a result, it consumes significantly less energy and you don't have to worry about leaving your iron on for hours.
A safety lock function further contributes to the safety of this iron. Its anti-slip base prevents it from moving around when you're using it, and the metal lock secures it to its base station for convenient transportation throughout your home. This feature is particularly useful if you have children at home.
- Steam Glide soleplate – scratch-resistant and nonstick
- Extra powerful steam to melt those tough creases away
- Auto shut-off feature for your ease and safety
- No burns guaranteed
- Safety lock for easy carrying
- Easy descaling with CalClean container included
- Transparent and detachable 1.5L water tank
3. Russell Hobbs Supreme Steam Traditional Iron
The Russell Hobbs Supreme Steam Traditional Iron has a 40g per minute continuous steam and a non-stick stainless steel soleplate. The iron distributes heat evenly throughout even the most demanding fabrics at 100g per minute of steam shot. This steam iron has a 300ml water tank and a soft touch handle for simple operation. This iron may be used to vertically steam apart from spraying.
- 40 g continuous steam and 110 g shot of steam
- Powerful vertical steam
- Self cleaning function
- Easy fill 300 ml tank. 2 meter power cord
- Soft touch handle and dial
- Easy fill large 300ml tank
4. Breville VIN406 PressXpress Steam Iron
The Breville VIN406 PressXpress Steam Iron has a strong steam function that saves you time when ironing. It also features 170g of steam shot strength for smooth crease removal. Aside from an automatic shut-off function, this iron has a huge 400ml water reservoir and a self-cleaning feature. The handle has temperature display as well.
- Super-wide multi-directional Advanced ceramic soleplate for smooth, fast ironing in all directions
- 170g steam shot powers easily through tough creases - get through your ironing pile in no time
- Central steam channels and precision tip deliver steam exactly where you need it
- Large 400ml easy-fill water tank; comfort grip handle with up-to-temperature illumination
- Automatic shut-off, anti-scale, anti-drip, self-clean feature, vertical steam plus 3m power cord
5. BLACK+DECKER ICR19XS One Step Steam Iron
The BLACK+DECKER ICR19XS One Step Steam Iron has an Even Steam Stainless Soleplate, which distributes steam from the tip to the heel for efficient pressing. It also includes Smart Steam Controls, which allow users to choose their preferred temperature and have it maintained automatically. It has four-way spray, steam burst, and an easy-fill water tank with an auto-clean function.
- Even steam stainless soleplate
- Smart steam control
- Spray Mist and steam burst buttons
- Cord Reel
- Precision point soleplate
6. Tefal FV4040 Ultraglide Steam Iron
The Tefal FV4040 Ultraglide Steam Iron has a Durilium Technology soleplate that enables the iron to glide easily over fabrics. It has a steam boost of 150g per minute and 2400W. This iron has a double anti-scale function, as well as a self-clean option to make upkeep simple. This iron also includes an automatic steam regulation and a steam activation button.
- Ultraglide's powerful 2400W and 150g/min steam boost
- Durilium Technology soleplate
- Double Anti-scale and a Self Clean feature
- Automatic steam iron regulation combined with a convenient steam trigger
- Easy cord system
7. Sunbeam Hot-2-Trot 800-Watt Compact Non-Stick Soleplate Travel Iron
The Sunbeam Hot-2-Trot 800-Watt Compact Non-Stick Soleplate Travel Iron has a built-in steam shot function that aids in the quick removal of creases and wrinkles. It's got a dual voltage system with both 120V and 240V, and it lights up when it gets hot. Apart from a soft touch handle for added comfort, this iron includes heat settings for most textiles types.
- Dual Voltage System
- Shot of Steam feature presses out wrinkles and presses in creases
- Indicator light that lets you know the iron is hot
- Variable temperature controls heat setting
- Soft touch handle and dial
8. Tefal FV6520G0 Freemove Air Cordless Steam Iron
The Tefal FV6520G0 Freemove Air Cordless Steam Iron has cordless technology, allowing for less strain when ironing clothing. It includes up to 25g per minute of continuous steam and 115g per minute of steam shot to tackle even the most difficult folds. This steam iron has a super-smooth ceramic soleplate that glides effortlessly over clothes. It must be placed on its base to recharge, which takes about 11 seconds and provides up to 25 minutes of ironing time.
- Lightweight, agile steam iron
- Cordless technology
- Ergonomic horizontal base
- 2 year guarantee
If you are looking for iron options in Australia, it's worth considering the benefits of each iron before making a purchase. Consider how much steam is necessary to properly press your clothes and compare features like cordless technology or variable temperature controls to find an iron that suits your needs best. We've included 8 irons with key differentiators below if you need more guidance on what might work for you!
If you want to read more interesting articles, follow the links below: